Tears in Heaven

Crying is a wonderful thing to observe. Today I saw her bare her emotion. I saw her sadness in her eyes, I saw the doubts and uncertainty she had. I hear her telling me all about her sister and how well she treats her, in dribs and drabs in between sobs. I feel her reminisce about the days gone by. I shared that moment with her. I think crying can bring 2 people closer together. It is the most raw form of emotion, unadulterated and pure. Sharing that just made me closer to her.

Then I thought back on my siblings and family. Of how I take them for granted so many times. Of how I bear grudges, returning tit for tat. Of how I would regret if I’d lose them tomorrow. Of how hypocritical it seems when I tell Rae to do everything in her power so she would not regret the tomorrow.

I have only been practicing what I preach when it comes to my mama. I should extend it to everyone else.

The Adventure continues while recovering from a bad flu that lasted through emceeing the wedding dinner.

0 comments:

Past Adventures